- Stay in shape while learning a new dance style.
- Instructors with backgrounds in street culture.
- Studio within walking distance from Orchard and Somerset MRT stations.
- Dance classes for 1 person for $24.90 instead of $68
- Dance classes for 2 people for $48 instead of $136
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Class size: Approx. 10 people
- Days: Tue – Sat
- Class types:
– Popping basic
– Hip Hop basic
– B-boy basic
– Locking basic
- $30 for 5 additional classes (to be completed within 2 months)
Founded by a group of street dancers with backgrounds in street culture, the Orchard Road studio teaches the fundamentals of hip hop, popping, locking, and breaking alongside the genres of street jazz and reggae. A self-proclaimed unconventional arts academy that demonstrates its alternative nature with a reversed ‘R’, Recognize focuses on dance classes conducted by international and local instructors, as well as working on promoting the urban art-form and creative usage, education, and community building in Singapore. Welcoming participants of all levels in dance, the art studio also provides a platform for its students to gain international exposure via its annual recital and workshops with dancers who have worked with the likes of Beyonc, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry.
Facebook: Recognize Studios